While The Eclipse Company Store isn’t a brewery, it offers more than 40 craft beers on tap. And it’s right on the Hockhocking Adena Bikeway. That makes it a perfect start, finish or destination for bikers in search of great beer.
Hungry? The Company Store has you covered. It’s owned by Sean Kiser, who also brought us Kiser’s Barbecue on East State Street in Athens. The Company Store menu features burgers and assorted bar food. And it’s tough not to love a menu that includes “melty, toasty things.” Score.
There’s plenty of space to stretch out and have fun here, with foosball, pingpoing and pool tables, ample seating, and a great outdoor area with a stage.
- Fascinating fact: The Company Store is in The Eclipse Company Town, a National Historic District that once was a mining town dating back to the early 20th Century. In fact, Eclipse Mine No. 4 runs beneath the town. The Company Store itself served as a pay station and store for miners, who bought their goods on a company credit system and lived in the nearby bungalows. While you’re there, make sure you check out the historic cottages, several of which now house businesses including Black Diamond Bicycles.
- Beer tip: The Company Store features beers from all three of Athens’ breweries and Nelsonville’s Multiple Brewing, so this is a great chance to sample them in one place. But assuming you’ve already made a few stops along the beer/bikeway, this would be a great chance to branch out and sample craft brews from across the nation. You have more than 40 options. Maybe try a sampler?
- Entertainment: The Company Store is a great space for music, whether indoors or out. Make sure you check out their upcoming events.
- Address: 11309 Jackson Dr., The Plains.
- Hours: Tuesday-Thursday, 11 a.m.-9 p.m., Friday-Saturday, 1 1 a.m.-11 p.m.,, Sunday, noon-6 p.m.
- Phone: 740-677-4904
- Connections: Facebook, Twitter, Website.